If you did not like Windows 11 or if it is generating some compatibility problems, errors, or any other type of inconvenience, with these instructions you can quickly return to Windows 10.
After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, you can go back to the previous version of the Operating System without losing any of your files. For example, in case the new version is causing problems or if you think that you are not yet ready to take the leap.
It is possible to do this through the recovery settings. But you should know that this is only available for 10 days after the initial update. After this period, Windows 11 will delete all files from the previous installation to make disk space for more important files.
It’s also worth noting that if you delete Windows 11 from your computer, you could have to reinstall certain other programs and lose some of your data.
.settings that you have established in the new Operating System.
In this guide you will learn all the necessary steps to return to Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 11.
Return to Windows 10 after upgrading to Windows 11
To uninstall Windows 11 and return to Windows 10 you will have to follow these steps:
1. In Windows 11, go to the Start menu.
2. Search for the word Settings and click on the first result to open the corresponding application.
3. Click System.
4. Click on the Recovery page on the right margin.
5. Click the Back button that you will see under the “Recovery options” section.
6. Select your reason for uninstalling Windows 11.
7. Click on the Next button.
8. Click on the No thanks button.
9. Click on the Next button.
10. Click on the Next button once more.
11. Click on the Back to Windows 10 button.
Once you have completed these steps, Windows 11 will be removed and the system will be restored to Windows 10, keeping your files and most of your settings and applications.
If in the recovery option you see the message “this option is no longer available on this PC”, you will still be able to return to Windows 10, but this will only be possible if you first make a backup of your files and then perform a clean installation of Windows 10, to restore your files from the backup at the end of the installation.